Directory submission is an off-page SEO factor. If you are the first time hearing this word “Directory Submission” then let me tell you what Directory Submission means, “Directory submission is the way to submit your website URL under a particular category of the directory website”.
Kinds of Directory Submission:
There are three kinds of directory submissions way.
- Regular or Free website Listing: In this category they allow you to register and submit your links for free. Basically, if you submit in this category there is no guarantee that they will keep your link. Also, the link approval time is much longer even they will not accept your listing as their wish. Most of the webmasters they remove the free links when they get high authority.
- Paid or Featured Listing: If you want to post in this category, the webmaster will approve your link within 24 hours and another benefit is your link will be on the homepage and your listing will be permanent. But some of the website owners take yearly charge to list your website. As a result, If you don’t pay yearly, they can remove your directory listing.
- Reciprocal Link Building: Reciprocal link building means you will submit a link on their site and to get an approval of your listing, you have to give them a link from your site. In a simple language, you have to do link exchange with them. I will suggest you, not to follow this way to do directory submission. It will be risky for your site. Because Google doesn’t like it at all. Reciprocal link building is not a white hat SEO technique.
Why should you do directory submission?
- Ranking Higher on Google:
Google has a 200+ ranking factor. So, Google’s one of the ranking factors is link building and directory submission in some way serve this factor. If you do a listing your website in a directory site, it will pass link juice to your site and it sends a signal to Google that this site is valuable and it should be rank higher. Doing directory submission not only you will get link juice but also it helps your site to get brand awareness as well as trust.
- Making Money from Online:
As directory submission is a link building technique, you can do it for your site as well as you can make money from the internet by providing this service to others.
How to do directory submission?
Directory submission is a very easy task to do. First, you have to visit the directory website then click on the register button then fill the information on your website and submit it.
Here you can see the tutorial of “How to do Directory Submission”
Keep These in Mind When You Are Doing Directory Submission:
- Be sure that, you are submitting your URL to the actual category in the directory.
- Check the spam score of the directory site by MOZ.
- Fill the information correctly.
- Does the site provide dofollow backlink or not, Check it before posting. Because the Nofollow link does not pass link juice.
- Search on Google to get the HIGH DA PA site list.
Here is the list of some HIGH DA PA Directory Submission sites List:
In Final words, Some people say Directory submission is not work in these present days. But, I want to say it still works if you can find a good HIGH DA PA site will zero spam score. Do not post your link on spammy sites.